Wings of Redemption
Staff of the Forest Incarnate
Aura: Strong Transmutation and Conjuration
Price: 45,000 GP
This sturdy wooden staff is wrapped in vines and intricately carved and polished, and has a crook at one end to allow birds to perch. In combat, it can be used as a +1 Staff (statistics as a Quarterstaff, though not a double weapon), with the trip property. In the hands of a druid or ranger with forest as a favored terrain, it acts as if Shillelagh has been cast on it (this applies even if the staff is out of charges). It has the following spells:
- Entangle: 1 charge
- Wilderness Soldiers: 2 charges
- Plant Growth: 3 charges
- Transport via Plants: 3 charges
- Animate Plants: 4 charges
- Wall of Thorns: 4 charges
- Liveoak: 4 Charges
- Siege of Trees: 4 charges
- Changestaff: 5 charges or 10 charges
When used to cast changestaff, it can only target itself (not another staff). The staff may not be used as a staff while animated as a treant. Unlike a normal casting of Changestaff, the treant may speak with plants. As usual, if the treant is destroyed, the staff is also destroyed.
If Changestaff is cast using all 10 charges, the treant-staff has the advanced simple template and can animate trees as a true treant.
The staff may be used to store a spell via Spellstaff as normal (if the spell is cast on it first), though no spell with the fire descriptor (or that cause fire damage despite not having the fire descriptor) may be stored in the spell.
The staff may never be upgraded to have the flaming or flaming burst properties, and all magical upgrades cost 50% more than expected (and apply to the treant’s slam attacks).
Requirements: Craft Staff, Entangle, Wilderness Soldiers, Plant Growth, Transport via Plants, Wall of Thorns, Liveoak, Siege of Trees, Animate Plants, Changestaff, Shillelagh (or in effect, “Creator must be a level 13 druid or have access to one”)
Cost: 22,500 GP
We are allowing it to be crafted in pieces. First the weapon upgrade and Shilalalagh must be added, then spells. It has 2 charges to start with, and add 1 per 2 additional spells until you hit 5 charges, then go all the way up to 10 once the staff is finished.
Basic quarterstaff: 0 gp
MW 300 GP
+1 2000 gp
x1.5 price for MW and magic: 1150 gp
- Changestaff = 400 * 13 * 7 / 5 = 7280. NOTE: Did not charge extra for the 10-charge variant, Yes, that is powerful, but it eats all the staff’s charges, and it then takes 10 days of pumping level 7 spells into it to get it back to full charges.
- Siege of Trees: 300 * 13 * 7 / 4 = 6825
- Animate Plants: 200 * 13 * 7 / 4 = 4550
- Liveoak: 200 * 13 * 6 / 4 = 3900
- TVP: 200 * 13 * 6 / 3 = 5200
- WoT: 200 * 13 * 5 / 3 = 3250
- Plant Growth: 200 * 13 * 3 / 3 = 2600
- WS: 200 * 13 * 2 / 2 = 2600
- Entangle: 200 * 13 * 1 / 1 = 2600
- Arbitrary Shillelagh price: 2745 GP (prolly cheap, but Asëa never attacks with it, so used this to round out the price)